Welcome to the fourth edition of the Weekend Wrap-Up. Here you can find all of the latest foodie news and other interesting little crumbs I find throughout my journeys. Once again, I’ve wrapped up some good ones this week.
The picture above is a pineapple we threw on the grill this weekend. I’ve been on a grilled fruit kick since the weather’s been warmer (peaches, you’re next…). The grill really brings out the sweetness and juciness of the fruit, especially if you add a light sprinkle of brown sugar first. If you’re looking for something to serve at your next BBQ, check out this Grilled Caramel Apple recipe.
- Whole Foods will be opening a new store with organic foods at lower prices. Whole Foods will no longer be Whole Paycheck, right?
- Chipotle reveals its secret guacamole recipe! In other news, my life is now complete.
- A former olympian is raising awareness about food allergies. Have a favorite allergy-friendly recipe? Let me know and I may feature it on the site!
- The Pet Food Pantry of Eastern North Carolina is looking for food donations. As an animal lover, I 100% support this.
- Mail carriers in certain areas are also collecting donations for local food pantries. This is probably the best idea ever.
- Chefs Roi Choi and Daniel Patterson are reducing food waster through their fast food chain Loco’l. Saving the earth one quick meal at a time.
My Latest Obsessions (Etsy Edition)
- This is a great gift for the foodie in your life, three pearls in a pea pod necklace.
- Speaking of food jewelry, have you given your BFF half of this Oreo cookie BFF key chain yet?
- If Jewelry isn’t your thing, what about this Ham Leg Pillow? It’s a great conversation starter piece for the next time you have company.
- Or this Fake Cake! For when you don’t want to cook, but want people to think you do.
- Or this adorable yet chic cupcake pillow. Your couch will be so delicious…
My Food Blog Crushes
- I’m going to take a moment to shamelessly plug my sister’s blog, The Game of Scones. Check it out, leave some love, share some recipes.
- I love summer rolls, and really can’t wait to try this Thai Summer Roll with Peanut Sauce recipe from Pinch of Yum.
- I recently discovered the Village Voice Food Blog Fork in the Road, and I kind of love them. I think you will, too.
- And the perfect end to a perfect weekend, the Honeydew Margarita from 100 Days of Real Food.
All right, that’s all, folks.