Welcome to the next edition of the Weekend Wrap-Up. Here you can find all of the latest foodie news and other interesting little crumbs I find throughout my journeys. Once again, I’ve wrapped up some good ones this week.
As you can probably tell from this week’s photo, I’ve really been into salads lately. Some of my favorite toppings this week include (but not necessarily at the same time) tuna, chicken, salsa, feta cheese, hard-boiled egg, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, edamame, or anything else I can find in the fridge that week. It might be the warmer weather, or maybe I’m craving healthy foods after a fun-filled Memorial Day. Either way, you can’t go wrong with a fresh summer salad. If you’re stuck on what to top your greens with this week, be sure to check out Simple Ways to Dress Up Your Salad.
- Here’s a fun little article about launching food into space, courtesy of the guardian. Could this be the new frontier of food blogs?
- Virginia Beach, a popular vacation spot, is opening a food truck park about a mile from the beach. And now we want to go there…
- Amazon is launching its own brand of food items to go along with Prime Pantry, where Prime members can grocery shop on amazon. You have to admit, this is awfully convenient.
- France recently passed a law to require supermarkets to donate unspoiled food that hadn’t been sold to food banks. This prevents food waste while helping to feed the hungry. The US definitely needs to put this law in place.
My Latest Obsessions
- This Watermelon Shoulder Bag from Colletictif would be perfect to bring to the pool this summer, and I want it.
- This BFF Avocado Friendship Necklace. For the best sous chef in your life…
- A Pancake Necklace. To remind you that Sunday morning breakfast is just around the corner!
- These Wine Bottle Drop Light would go perfectly in my kitchen. Or any room in the house, really.
My Food Blog Crushes
- This 20 Minute Healthy Chicken Parm from PinchofYum.com, which rests on top of those delicious, delicious zucchini noodles.
- A nice guide on making chocolate chip cookies from iamafoodblog.
- Here’s a bagel guide from Serious Eats. Of course, anyone from the NYC area knows that you can’t get a decent bagel outside of the ti-state area. The secret is in the water.
- I love this 5 Tea Myths That Need to Disappear from Serious Eats.
All right, that’s all, folks.