Chocolate Frozen Yogurt with Maqui & Pomegranate is sweet and creamy, made with vanilla greek yogurt, maqui powder, cocoa, and pomegranate arils in an ice cream maker. It’s also low fat and incredibly easy to make!
This frozen yogurt is one of my all-time favorite desserts because it’s seriously simple to make, plus it’s guilt free! If you’re looking for something a little more indulgent, check out my Chocolate Avocado Pudding, Easy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding, or my Avocado Brownies!
This post is sponsored by iHerb. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt With Maqui & Pomegranate
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt with Maqui & Pomegranate is rich and creamy just like your favorite ice cream, but instead it’s made with vanilla greek yogurt with cocoa powder, superfood maqui powder, and topped with crunchy pomegranate arils. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and slightly tart, and it’s really easy to change the flavor around to suit your taste!
Can you just put yogurt in the freezer?
This chocolate frozen yogurt recipe is made using an ice cream maker, which will churn the frozen yogurt until it’s the right frozen consistency. I don’t recommend just putting yogurt in the freezer because the texture will just be hard and unlike actual frozen yogurt.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Tips & Tricks
- If your yogurt is turning out too hard, try adding a tablespoon or two of corn syrup, or an ounce of vodka (for adults) to keep it from over-freezing.
- You can add another tablespoon of cocoa powder to make this stronger in chocolate.
- I like to use maqui powder, but you can add any berry flavor that you’d like!
- If you add fresh fruits, strain them as much as possible to keep the fruit from releasing too much water after it’s in the yogurt. The higher the water in frozen yogurt, the harder it will freeze.
- I’m topping this with pomegranate arils, but you can also try fresh raspberries, strawberries, whipped cream, or mini chocolate chips.
- Make sure you use greek yogurt, because it’s thicker and will churn into a more creamy chocolate frozen yogurt.
- I used low fat ingredients but you can use the full-fat version if you want to. You can also replace the almond milk with regular milk if that’s what you have.
What ingredients are in this chocolate frozen yogurt?
This post is sponsored by iHerb, which made it REALLY easy to get all of my superfood ingredients delivered right to my door. They’re a global company with over 30,000 products in over 150 countries, so if you’re not in the US, you’re still good to go (even though they’re based in California).
They also have a great triple-guarantee to make sure your products are top quality and you’re 100% satisfied, which means they guarantee that all products are authentic brands sold in the U.S. market.
I made this frozen yogurt using three of my favorite products, California Gold Nutrition Organic Cacao Powder, Organic Maqui Powder, and Pomegranate Arils. If you haven’t heard of maqui yet, it has a great sweet and tart flavor that goes really well with a lot of desserts. Plus all three are gluten free and organic, so you can feel good about them!
New and Existing Customers can get a discount off their iHerb order with no minimum purchase by clicking here.
Is chocolate frozen yogurt better than ice cream?
Personally, I like chocolate frozen yogurt better than ice cream. ::ghasp! I said it::
It’s lower in fat and calories, has probiotics, and if you make it right you’ll still get really close to that creamy, indulgent texture that you’d have with ice cream. PLUS, there’s like 2 steps to this recipe, which makes it way easier to make. Just whisk the frozen yogurt ingredients together, then put them in the ice cream maker. While ice cream usually requires cooking, chilling, and more.
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt with Maqui & Pomegranate is sweet and creamy, made with vanilla greek yogurt, maqui powder, cocoa, and pomegranate arils in an ice cream maker. It's also low fat and incredibly easy to make!
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla greek yogurt gluten free
- 1/4 cup almond milk gluten free
- 1 tbsp maqui powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pomegranate arils for topping
Whisk together all ingredients except for the pomegranate arils. Pour into ice cream maker and turn on for 15-20 minutes, or until yogurt is frozen. Top with pomegranate arils before serving.
Click on the time in the instructions to start a timer!
Follow the instructions for your ice cream maker, which means timing can vary.