Dad’s Beer Marinated Brats with Garlic Aioli
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Juicy bratwurst marinated in gluten free beer and garlic, then smothered in pepper-jack cheese, garlic aioli, onions, and tomatoes. When it comes to game day, it doesn’t get much better than Dad’s Beer Marinated Brats with Garlic Aioli!
Game Day is almost upon us! Or, more importantly, Game Day FOOD!
And my Dad’s Beer Marinated Brats with Garlic Aioli recipe is the perfect addition to your game day party.
These brats are sliced in half and marinated in a mixture of gluten free beer and garlic, then grilled to perfection and smothered in pepper-jack cheese and my very own garlic aioli sauce.
Then they’re piled high with tomato and onion and stuffed in a gluten free bun.
These brats will make you wish game day was every day!
Game Day: day when families and friends get together to communally throw their New Years resolutions out the window. My favorite day of the year!
Ah, yes. It’s time to celebrate sports the best way we know how: With as many calories as possible. Hey, it’s only once a year – or so – so why not? Actually, these beer marinated brats aren’t really that bad. But I will be having them with a gluten free beer and a side of nachos. Who’s really counting, anyway?
I certainly won’t be!
I’m really not that into sports. The thing is, most people in my house are, ESPECIALLY Andrew. He’s probably the biggest sports fan I know. If anyone is a New York Giants fan out there, and would like to talk about sports for hours and hours and hours with Andrew, now is a good time to let me know.
Seriously, I need someone to step up here, and let me off the hook!
Sports aside, game day is all about the food for me. I’m MORE than happy to get in the kitchen and whip up a batch of these Beer Marinated Brats with Garlic Aioli, which would go great with these Sweet Potato Fries (also with garlic aioli)!
Here’s the key to the flavor of these brats: the marinating time. According to my dad, these beer marinated brats need a minimum of 4 hours to really soak up the flavor of the gluten free beer. In my opinion, you could probably get away with 1 or 2 hours, but the longer they marinate, the better the flavor.
You can also top this with whatever you’d like. I strongly recommend the pepper-jack and garlic aioli with tomato and onion. But other good options could be cheddar, guacamole, or shredded lettuce. Get creative!
Dad's Beer Marinated Brats with Garlic Aioli
- 12 oz gluten free beer
- 4 bratwurst
- 4 gluten free hot dog rolls
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 8 oz sliced pepper-jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Slice each bratwurst in half lengthwise (but not cutting totally in half).
- Add beer to a large plastic bag with garlic powder and bratwurst.
- Let brats marinate for 4 hours.
- Once done, discard marinade and grill bratwurst over medium heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Cut rolls in half and spread with about 2 tbsp garlic aioli each, and evenly distribute pepper-jack.
- Place bratwurst on each roll and cover with diced onion and tomato.
- Add mayo, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, fresh parsley, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to food processor. Blend until all ingredients are mixed well together.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour (or more) and serve chilled.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.