As a special treat today, I’d like to welcome Katalina from the blog Peas and Peonies as a guest post on Dishing Delish! I hope you enjoy her recipes and amazing photos as much as I do! -Jacqui
Hello, I am Katalina from Peas and Peonies! I am neon pink obsessed, addictive to desserts and I can never say no to a pair of nice shoes. I work full-time on Wall Street and I love blogging with all my heart. On my blog you will find sweet and savory recipes, some of them are Gluten Free and Vegan, some of them are super indulgent balanced by a mix of light and healthy dishes. I also share my style and beauty findings and travel adventures. I blog with the intention to donate part of the profits to cancer patients in Moldova.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces rum
- 2 ounces cream
- 2 ounces eggnog
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 7 grams unflavored powdered gelatin
- pinch of salt
- Make the icicles and popsicles in advance. You will need a silicone mold for this.
- In a bowl, add the gelatin to the heavy cream and let it stand for 10 minutes to blossom.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine chocolate with butter and sugar. Stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
- Once combined, reduce heat to low and slowly add the heavy cream with the gelatin into the chocolate mixture whisking constantly.
- Whisk and cook for 7-10 minutes until the mixture is fully combined, the gelatin has melted and an instant thermometer reads 170F.
- Remove from heat and let it cool at room temperature for 10 minutes. Don't let it cool for more than 10 minutes, as the gelatin will start hardening.
- Pour the mixture into 3 popsicle molds and the rest into a mini cakes/truffle silicone mold or ice silicone mold. Tip: place the silicone mold on a cutting board before pouring the mixture into it, so its easier to transfer to the freezer. Place in the freezer for at least 12 hours before serving.
- In a drink shaker combine all the cocktail ingredients. Shake well.
- Add a few chocolate icicles (3-4) to a glass. Pour the cocktail mixture over it and dip a chocolate popsicle into the glass.
- Serve immediately.
- Cheers, enjoy!
*If you are gluten free, be sure to check with the brand of liquor or eggnog to make sure it is gluten free, as this can vary by brand*