Welcome to the third edition of the Weekend Wrap-Up. Here you can find all of the latest foodie news and other interesting little crumbs I find throughout my journeys. Once again, I’ve wrapped up some good ones this week.
The photo above was from my latest and greatest culinary endeavor – the pizza omelette. I’ve seen these in diners before but never tried to make one at home – until now. Unlike the diner version, mine is full of fresh, wholesome ingredients. Three eggs, a fresh diced tomato, 1/4 cup mozzarella, 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh basil, 1/2 chopped red onion, a handful of chopped mushrooms, and 9 chopped pepperoni pieces. Make into an omelette (or, if you’re feeling particularly lazy, just go ahead and scramble all of these ingredients together). Top with 1/4-1/2 cup pizza sauce and dig in!
- Cornel University has finally figured out why airplane food tastes so gross. And we blamed the cooking…
- Wal-Mart is pushing for a better quality of care for livestock. It’s a step in the right direction, right?
- If you have a lot of time on your hands, you might want to take a moment to figure out exactly what food cubes are, and why we can’t stop staring at them. Symmetry is a wonderful thing, amirite?
- United Food Bank is raffling off these badass Harleys to raise money. For a great cause.
- Amazon is now offering 1-hour grocery deliveries in Manhattan. Forgot an ingredients? Just order on amazon!
My Latest Obsessions
- If you run a tight ship in the kitchen, you may want to start making your sous chefs wear these starship enterprise apron-uniforms.
- Wine sippy-cups. Be honest, you want one.
- Infuse oil with your favorite herbs with this wine-oil mister. Seriously, I need about three of these.
- A water bottle that infuses your water with delicious, delicious fruit. I absolutely love mine, particularly with strawberries.
My Food Blog Crushes
- Creamy Garlic Herb Mushroom Spaghetti from Pinch of Yum. They’re kind of my idols, seriously.
- Learn how to garnish a proper bloody mary with Food52.
- I can’t wait to try these superfood chocolate coconut pancakes from iamafoodblog.
- Birthday Cake Popcorn! ‘nuff said.
All right, that’s all, folks.