Cheesy Crustless Kale Quiche
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Cheesy Crustless Kale Quiche is the perfect gluten free brunch recipe! Creamy eggs mixed with spices and half & half, then poured over sautéed onions, kale, tomatoes, and smothered with Monterey jack and cheddar cheese. It’s rich, filling, and bursting with southwestern flavors.
Here’s one of my favorite quiche recipes of all time. Cheesy Crustless Kale Quiche has no crust, so you won’t have to worry about rolling out the perfect gluten free pie crust. And it’s bursting with veggies, spices, and two kinds of cheese. It’s the perfect thing to serve when you have gluten free guests coming over, or even on a Sunday morning with the family!
It’s been an eventful two weeks, that’s for sure! Andrew and I have finally purchased our first home! We’re really excited to get moved in, and closing on our house can’t come soon enough. While we love our apartment, living on the 3rd floor is kind of like climbing Mount Everest everyday. And my photography cabinet has grown more into a photography room. So our new home has big photography studio plans. That’s right, we’re getting 3 bedrooms of pure, storage-space bliss.
On top of this eventful week, my computer decided to stop turning on. Which explains the sudden lack of recipes on this blog. Sorry! But I sent it out for repair, and now I’m back in business. Starting with kale quiche!
Kale quiche definitely lives up to its name. It’s stuffed with veggies, like kale (of course) and onion. And then you get cherry tomatoes, which are bursting with sweetness and juiciness. There’s really no comparison to that incredible kick of flavor you get when you bite into one. And I especially love when they’re cooked into dishes like this kale quiche.
Please ignore the dirty pan in front of you. I like to think of it like this… The dirtier the pan gets, the more delicious the food is going to be. Think about it! Lasagna, the worst dirty-pan culprit of them all, yet the most delicious thing on the planet.
Which, in my opinion, is just further proof that this is pretty much the most delicious kale quiche there is.
That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!
Cheesy Crustless Kale Quiche
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz Monterey jack cheese with jalapenos, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onions, and kale. Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Beat together eggs, half and half, and spices until well mixed.
- Add kale, onions, and cherry tomatoes to pie pan. Cover with half of the cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese, and use a spoon to lightly mix everything together.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the mixture. Cover pie pan with tinfoil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until quiche is almost cooked through.
- Remove tinfoil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.