Tender chicken wings wrapped with bacon and smothered in a sweet and spicy sauce. Bacon Wrapped Chicken Wings with Tequila Chipotle Sauce is so insanely delicious that you’ll never need another chicken wing recipe again!
Oh. My. Goodness.
That’s basically how I feel about these wings. They are so insanely delicious that I’m even having a hard time sharing them as I put them on the kitchen table. It’s all of the best things in the world, wrapped perfectly together, and smothered in this TEQUILA SAUCE that must be what everyone eats in heaven.
Best of all, these wings are here just in time for the Big Game!
I’m keeping this chicken wings post short and sweet today. I’ve been CRAZY busy with moving across country in less than a week and all. Eek! Tonight I have to go through all of my shoes and get rid of at least half of them. It’s going to be terrible.
Considering I’ll be in Tampa by Sunday, I just keep telling myself that my summer starts in a few days. Naturally, the North East has been hit with multiple snow storms within the short window since I decided to move to the sub-tropics.
It’s OK though. I’m soaking all of this winter weather in while I can. After this week, ice will be reserved for cocktails and snow storms will be things of planned vacations.
Here’s another one of my Dad’s recipes! He loves making different versions of pub food, and has been thinking up a way to wrap chicken wings in bacon for a while now. If you like this, you may want to check out some of his other recipes, Beer Marinated Brats or Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Marinara Sauce.
In the first round, we realized that these don’t do well when baked in the oven (cue smoke alarm). Pan frying is a definite must with these, plus it gives a really delicious caramelization on the bacon. Yum!
And the SAUCE? Don’t even get me started. It’s so insanely good that words don’t even do it justice. You can smother these in the sauce right before serving, or put it on the side as a dipping sauce.
Either way, you’re going to LOVE it.
You can also check out gluten free recipes from other food bloggers Here on Facebook!
- 48 small chicken wing pieces, separated from joint, bone-in with skin
- 4 qts water
- 48 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Add water to a large pot, leaving at least 4-5 inches of room from the water to the top of the pot.
- Using a large slotted spoon, add chicken wing pieces to simmering water a few at a time. Once water begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Allow wings to simmer for about 15 minutes. Once done, using a large slotted spoon, remove wings and place on a wire rack. Allow wings to rest for 15-20 minutes, giving them a chance to dry.
- Wrap a wing with a piece of bacon.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, pan fry bacon-wing until bacon is cooked through, making sure to turn over to cook evenly on each side. Repeat for all wings.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, whisking often. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce warm on the side, or drizzle over wings before serving.
I use Cholula brand hot sauce because I really like the flavor, but you can use your favorite chipotle hot sauce.