Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten Free!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are a soft and chewy chocolate lover’s dream. They’re full of indulgent chocolate chips and Nutella hazelnut spread, along with crunchy walnuts. They’re so good, you’d never guess they were gluten free!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies are not only the best chocolate chip cookie on this side of town, they’re also 100% gluten free. This recipe makes about 24 cookies, depending on the size of your cookie. They’re perfect for an indulgent treat, or to bring to your next party!
Happy Wednesday, everybody! And what better way to celebrate making it through the middle of the week than enjoying something stuffed with chocolate and baked to perfection? If there’s a better way, I don’t know what it is!
So, here it is, as promised: Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’ve been a long time coming, and I’m so happy they’re finally here.
And let me tell you, they live up to every bit of they’re name. They’re chewy, chocolate-y morsels of pure happiness that make your entire house smell like chocolate-heaven. If there’s a heaven, I really, really hope it’s chocolate heaven.
And trust me when I say that you won’t be able to tell these cookies are gluten free. They’ve not only passed the fiancé test, they’ve also passed the coworker test and the neighbor test. And nobody would have known without me telling them. Hey, it’s cheat day, I can’t keep these all in my house! I’d definitely eat them all.
You also might like these regular Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Of course, a lot of this depends on your flour blend. So make sure to pick one that you know has a good ratio of protein and starch, otherwise you might end up with something too crumbly for this type of recipe.
I’m also working on my own blend, so I’m hoping to be able to have something awesome for you within the next few months. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of tweaking and baking involved, because I refuse to settle for something I don’t absolutely love. And I want you to love it, too! So stay tuned for that one.
Did I talk about the walnuts in this recipe yet?
They’re essentially little nutty morsels of deliciousness. They add the perfect crunchy texture against the chewy chocolate of the cookie, bringing the entire thing together into the perfect Nutella chocolate chip cookie.
That being said, they are entirely optional. So, if walnuts aren’t your thing, you can feel free to leave them out entirely.
Or replace them with M&M’s. I won’t judge.
These Nutella chocolate chip cookies are also further proof that Nutella is basically good on everything. Toast? Delicious. Cookies? Obviously. On a spoon by itself? Is there any other way?
I may or may not have also been dipping these cookies into the Nutella jar as I was eating them… Does that mean I can call these Double Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies?
I don’t think you can ever have too much chocolate anything.
Tips For Making Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies Perfect Every Time!
- Butter + Shortening = Best Friends. The Nutella in this recipe makes the cookies flatten out a bit to being with. So make sure you follow this step. Butter melts much faster, while shortening melts much slower while your cookies bake. This gives your cookies that chewy center!
- While we’re on the topic of butter, make sure you soften it. I know it’s tempting to jump right in there, but be patient!
- Mix your butter and sugar together first. This helps give your cookie more structure in the end, you won’t regret it.
- Parchment paper is your best friend here. Not only does it help keep the cookies from spreading out too much, it also prevents them from sticking to your pan. It’s a win-win!
Now get baking, Nutella chocolate chip cookies await!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free!
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder, double acting
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- Sheet pan
- ice cream scoop
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place parchment paper on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Cream together shortening, butter, and white sugar. Add brown sugar and vanilla extract while mixing.
- One at a time add the eggs and beat until just mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa). Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Fold in walnuts, chocolate chips, and Nutella. Cover bowl and refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes.
- Scoop out 1-2 inch balls of dough and place on baking sheet, leaving a few inches of space between in one.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are firm.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.