Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes are what happens when sweet chocolate cake mixes with peppermint and sweet cream cheese frosting. Topped with crushed peppermint candies, this dessert is the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit. And totally gluten free!
Have you ever tried peppermint chocolate cake? If you haven’t, you are seriously missing out. Peppermint is pretty much the perfect pairing when it comes to all things chocolate, and all things holiday. Not to mention, these are totally gluten free, and use one of my favorite ingredients in the entire world (besides for peppermint), coffee! Making these the cupcake equivalent to a big hot cup of peppermint mocha coffee. Does it really get better than that?
Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes are also the perfect treat to bring to a holiday party, office gathering, or even just to share with the family. With so many awesome flavors going on, you won’t even be able to tell they’re gluten free!
Ok, raise your hand if you love the combination of coffee and chocolate.
Ok, good. I’m glad we have that settled. Because coffee and chocolate are pretty much the most perfect pairing since butter and bread. And adding peppermint to the mix just kicks it up about 100 million notches. No, I’m serious. If you don’t believe me, just ask the peppermint patty people how well their candy has done. Really, really well.
Because Chocolate + Coffee + Peppermint = Christmas in A Cupcake.
And it’s not just any cupcake we’re talking about here. Oh, no. This cupcake is 100% gluten free. That’s right, people. Having a fully stocked Christmas dessert table is pretty much the best thing you can have around the holidays, and even better when you know there’s something gluten free you can eat on it! Hooray! Unless you’re my table, then everything on it is gluten free.
Want to know what my favorite part of making cupcakes around the holidays is? It’s that they come in their own little wrapper, which you can get in fun holiday patterns. It makes it really easy to individualize these treats. Plus the decorating! You can crush up peppermint candies here, or even add some festive sugars or sprinkles. They sky is the limit, really. You could even throw a mini candy cane on top here, to really give it the Christmas feel.
Don’t be afraid to get creative!
This recipe is really similar to my gluten free Double Chocolate Cake. In fact, it’s pretty much the same deliciously moist coffee-chocolate cake you’ll find there, but with a few small tweaks. Like the addition of peppermint, candies, and the vanilla frosting. But if what you’re really looking for is piles of chocolate upon chocolate, smothered in more chocolate, then you should head over to that cake immediately. So far, it’s only received rave reviews from both you lovely readers and my family.
(Chocolate + Coffee) – Gluten = The cake that will change your life.
It’s true, and when you add peppermint, it quickly morphs into the cake that will change your life while simultaneously brightening up your holiday. Hooray!
And because the holidays are quickly approaching, you may need more than one dessert to get you through all of those social gatherings coming up. I’ve rounded up a few other gluten free holiday treats for you, just in case Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes aren’t enough!
Just in case you love this gluten free holiday dessert roundup, you may want to check out my 21 gluten free cookie recipes roundup as well, complete with pictures!
10 Gluten Free Holiday Desserts to Go With Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
- Gluten Free Christmas Pudding from Jamie Oliver. Just cause everything he touches pretty much turns to gold, including this Christmas pudding.
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Men Cookies from yours truly. One of my favorite cookie recipes for the holidays, and they’re also really fun to decorate!
- Gingersnap Sandwich Cookies from Petite Allergy Treats. Seriously guys, these look incredible. If you’re a ginger fan, you have to check them out, if not to just drool over the photos.
- Easy Spiced Hot Fruit Bake from Cotter Crunch. Just in case you’re in sugar overload, and need some fruit to balance it out.
- Check out my Slow Cooker Apple Crisp, one of the most popular recipes on this blog (and for good reason!).
- Here’s a Gluten Free Pie Crust from Make It Love It. Because you know we’re always looking for one!
- Flourless Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Flippin Delicious. We’ve been over this chocolate and peppermint being the perfect match thing, right?
- Gingerbread Gluten Free Biscotti with Coffee Glaze from Food Faith Fitness. I’m pretty sure I’ll be making this over the weekend, because it looks amazing.
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Donuts from Fearless Dining, because you can never go wrong with donuts, right?
- Christmas Stained Glass Cookies from Noshtastic. These are pretty much a work of art, which would go over really well for a Christmas party!
And there you have it. Enough gluten free holiday desserts to get you through the busy holiday season! That is, when you run out of peppermint mocha cupcakes, right?
Because chocolate. ♡