Homemade Dill Pickle Dip From Scratch is a seriously easy and delicious way to start off a party! It’s made from simple, wholesome ingredients like sour cream, cream cheese, and spices, and tastes just like dill pickles!
Christmas is over for the year, but I’m not quite done with the holidays yet! We still have one more party to get through, which is why I’m making up some great New Year’s recipes. And Homemade Dill Pickle Dip is just the thing your guests are going to go nuts over. Best of all, it’s made from scratch. So not only is it way cheaper than buying a little jar of dip (that’s gone in a 1/2 hour anyway!), you can also be sure that it is totally gluten free, because you personally know every ingredient that went into it! We have enough things to worry about on the holidays, let’s not make food one of them.
Homemade Dill Pickle Dip From Scratch
It’s not really a secret that dill pickles are the main ingredient here. I mean, hey, if you’re going to make a dip, you might as well include one of the world’s most delicious foods, right? You know, besides for spinach artichoke dip, which is right up there, too.
As an added bonus, this is the perfect recipe to bring to a party that you’re invited to, along with a bag of chips. Think about it. It’s relatively inexpensive. Super easy to make (can you stir a few things together in a bowl? Good, you’re hired). And almost everybody on the planet likes pickles. Almost.
It’s a win in my book!
Tips for The Perfect Homemade Dill Pickle Dip From Scratch
- You can swap out the sour cream for plain greek yogurt to add a bit more protein and less fat here!
- Don’t be afraid to play with the herbs and spices. Like more garlic? Add it! Not a fan of onion powder? Add less! This recipe is really forgiving that way.
- Use veggies to dip instead of chips for a healthier alternative! Try carrots, celery, or cut up peppers.
- You can add as many or as little of the pickle flavor as you’d like by adding more or less pickle juice and diced pickles. Just keep in mind that the more juice you add, the thinner your dip will be.
4 More Party Recipes (Besides Dill Pickle Dip)
Here’s a few more recipes you might like to bring to your next party. I’ve made and served these myself, and my guests loved them!
- Spinach Balls. You can make these ahead of time and freeze them, then just pop them in the oven when you’re ready to serve. A definite crowd pleaser!
- Jalapeño Popper Hash Brown Bites – Here’s another great one for those guests who like a bit of spice! Jalapeno popper dip nestled inside of a bite-sized hash brown basket.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Wings – Because you can set them in the slow cooker and basically forget about them until you’re ready to eat!
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – I’m not going to lie, these went the fastest at my last party. Because bacon and tater tots are two of the most delicious items on the plant. So, there you go.
Homemade Dill Pickle Dip From Scratch is a seriously easy and delicious way to start off a party! It's made from simple, wholesome ingredients like sour cream, cream cheese, and spices, and tastes just like dill pickles!
- 1 8oz container sour cream
- 1 8oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1 tbsp dill weed dried
- 4 tbsp dill pickle juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
In a medium bowl add all ingredients except for chopped pickles. Stir together (or use a hand mixer) until well combined.
Stir in dill pickles, leaving 1 tbsp to top dip.
Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables.