The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Cheesy, rich, and comfortingly creamy, it doesn’t get much better than this classic Spinach Artichoke Dip. Topped with mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection, this dip recipe can be served with tortilla chips or a toasted baguette. You may want to make extra, this is one flavorful party food that won’t last long once it’s on the table!
Spinach Artichoke dip is one of those foods that just makes people stop and go, “Mmmmm…”
It’s creamy, it’s savory, and it even has a vegetable or two in it. That evens out the calories in the cheese, right? I like to think so.
This dip is the perfect dish to bring to a party, board game night, or even for Sunday night football. Just get ready to make more, because your friends will definitely be asking for this one again.
And again… and again… you get the idea.
Okie dokie, artichokie.
I’m so sorry for that one. Really, I am.
I served a big ole’ dish of this at a game night a few weeks ago and received a resounding, “You NEED to make this for the blog!” from the group. So, here it is, in all its cheesy, artichokie-glory.
You can add your own twist to this dish (I suggest jalapeño peppers, cheddar cheese or even lightening it up with Neuchâtel cheese), but I implore you to try this more traditional version first.
You won’t regret it, I promise.
This really is comfort food at its best. Millions of restaurant appetizer menus can’t be wrong, right?
Oh, cheesy-goodness, I love you so, so much. Seriously, I could definitely eat this whole thing by myself.
I’d have to pace myself, over the course of an afternoon, but I would enjoy every bite of it. Who really likes sharing, anyway?
I don’t stand a chance when it comes to game day foods. You name it. Wings? Nope, no resistance. Chili? Even less of a chance. But spinach artichoke dip? Don’t even get me started. It’s the touchdown of game day foods. The blow-out win. The two-point conversion in addition to the touchdown.
Ok, I’ll stop now. but you get the point.
The cheesy, delicious point.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me here on Pinterest!
The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a small baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tbsp butter. Add garlic and spinach and sauté until spinach is wilted. Remove from skillet and set aside to cool.
- Add remaining butter, artichoke hearts and green onions. Sauté artichoke hearts and green onions for additional 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, and pepper. Stir all ingredients together as the cheese melts.
- Roughly chop spinach (if it is too watery, press into a strainer to drain some of the water out). Stir spinach into melted cheese.
- Remove skillet from heat and add spinach artichoke dip to baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown and melted on top.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips, toasted baguette or crackers.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.