Gluten Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Soft and chewy Gluten Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars are the perfect healthy breakfast for your busy work week. Gluten free oats, sweet potato, berries, and maple syrup combined with seeds, nuts, spices, and a pinch of sea salt make this a perfectly nutritious way to jump into fall flavors!
Here’s a recipe that I simply cannot get enough of: Gluten Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars. Not only is it a nutritious way to start your day, it’s also incredibly delicious. The best part? They’re full of pumpkin pie spice, just to get in some of those fall flavors I’m craving. And, you know, pumpkin pie spice works in just about everything.
You can even make a batch of these bars and freeze them in individual servings. I grab one of these from the freezer in the morning, and microwave it for a minute when I get to work. The result? A warm, chewy, sweet bar of deliciousness that keeps me full all the way up to lunch time.
It’s hard to find gluten free breakfast-on-the-go ideas, isn’t it?
That’s why I love making these gluten free sweet potato breakfast bars. They’re just so easy to pick up and walk out the door with! And you can feel satisfied knowing that you did something healthy for yourself, instead of picking up the usual gluten free substitutes that are packed with sugar (or ::ghasp:: half the serving size of the real thing!).
Or, even worse, leaving with no breakfast at all!
No, coffee does not count as breakfast.
…No matter how much I want it to.
I love this photo… So much.
Don’t ever let anyone tell you not to play with your food in the name of art, ok?
You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.
You just don’t.
Let’s talk about Mondays. We all totally love Mondays, right? Monday rocks!
But we can help it move along a bit more smoothly by getting breakfast ready ahead of time.
I’m not going to lie, I’m a bit of a mess in the morning. A hot mess, but a mess nonetheless. And if there’s something I can do to make my life easier/faster/smoother when I’m still sleep-walking through my daily routine, you can bet I’m going to try it.
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars definitely fit right in here. Did I mention that they’re full of delicious things, like pumpkin spice? That’s right. They’re not named pumpkin spice bars or anything, but you’ll definitely taste it in there. In all of its pumpkin-y glory.
You can also serve these hot or cold, but I’m going to go ahead and recommend straight-out-of-the-oven hot here.
That’s just my personal preference. 🙂
Gluten Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 4 cups gluten free instant oats
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup berries, dried or fresh
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- *cooking spray to grease baking pan
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potatoes. Place on baking sheet and bake 40-45 minutes, or until soft and a fork goes through easily.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce oven to 350°F.
- Once cooled, scoop out middle of potato and discard skins.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients (sweet potatoes, oats, maple syrup. light cream, almonds, berries, seeds, pumpkin pie spice, oil, nutmeg, sea salt) until completely combined.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Press mixture into dish and smooth out on top until even.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool and cut into bars.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.