Grilled Caramel Apple Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
This is a new summertime twist on an old favorite, caramel apple.
Who says the caramel apple is just for autumn?
Easy to make and just as delicious as the original, Grilled Caramel Apples are the perfect dessert to serve when you’re grilling this summer. Enjoy with caramel topping and chopped peanuts or even add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream.
You can easily transform this recipe from caramel apple into candied apple by replacing the caramel sauce with a simple syrup. This dish is incredibly simple to make and you’re sure to impress your guests when it’s served!
Grilled Caramel Apples
- 4 apples granny smith or fuji, cored and cut into thick slices
- cooking spray, for lightly coating apples
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, shelled
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat outdoor grill on medium-high heat.
- Using cooking spray, lightly grease both sides of each apple slice. Be careful not to over-grease.
- Place each apple slice on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the bottom of each slice has dark grill marks. Flip and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan add sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar turns into a golden brown liquid. Continue to cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, or until sugar is a syrup-like consistency.
- Place apple slices on a plate. Pour caramel sauce over apples evenly.
- In a food processor, process peanuts until they are finely chopped. Add to top of caramel apples.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.