Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe is the creamy, savory soup you love to get at the Olive Garden, made in the comfort of your own home. This version is made in the slow cooker so you can set it and forget it for the day, and is also 100% gluten free!
If you’re missing your old gluten-filled comfort foods, then look no further. I promise you, whatever you loved before going gluten free can be made just as delicious in the comfort of your own home! And this Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe does not disappoint. And since I’m all about easy food this week, I’ve made it into a slow cooker zuppa toscana recipe! Add your ingredients, then forget about it until the amazing aroma calls you back into the kitchen at dinnertime. Creamy, savory, and hearty soup to warm you up as the colder weather moves in. Does it get any better than that?
How to Make This Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Recipe
There’s a lot of things I miss on the gluten free diet. And one of them is restaurant soup! You just never know when they’re going to throw a handful of flour in there to thicken the soup, or a renegade wheat ingredient is going to pop up out of nowhere. So, I usually forgo the soup and just make my own at home. And that’s where this zuppa toscana copycat recipe came from. On the downside, no in-house olive garden zuppa toscana. On the plus side, I now have a great recipe to make it at home! Which also means that I can have it any time I want. Bonus!
This Olive Garden zuppa toscana copycat recipe is SUPER simple to make. Seriously, anyone can do it.
- Step 1 – Brown the sausage.
- Step 2 – Put it in the slow cooker.
- Step 3 – Put everything else in the slow cooker (not cream), and turn it on.
- Step 4 – Wait for it to cook. Feel free to stare at the crockpot longingly.
- Step 5 – Add cream.
- Step 6 – Eat.
There, an Olive Garden zuppa toscana copycat recipe in 6 ridiculously easy steps. You can do it, I believe in you!
Let’s talk Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe!
I’ve been putting everything in the slow cooker lately. Half because I’m busy, and I don’t have time to cook on the weeknights. And half because I also have to finish binge watching Netflix on the weekends. But, I still love good food, and I like having a hot meal waiting for me at the end of a long day. And a slow cooker zuppa toscana really hits the spot.
After you make slow cooker zuppa toscana, you might want to try these slow cooker soups, too!
- Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup – Another soup featuring Italian sausage. It’s kind of similar to slow cooker zuppa toscana, but it’s dairy free and full of veggies!
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup – It’s exactly what it sounds like. A rich, hearty bowl of creamy wild rice and big chunks of chicken and veggies. Delish!
- Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup – It’s a cheeseburger. It’s a soup. It’s everything we love about summer BBQ’s, but in a crockpot and eaten with a spoon!
- Slow Cooker Paleo Butternut Squash Soup – I love making this one for holidays. It’s a great small course to serve while everyone’s waiting for Thanksgiving dinner!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – It’s enchiladas. It’s soup. It’s everything you love about dinner, in a bowl! Wait, that sounded kind of familiar… weird.
Can you make this a low carb zuppa toscana recipe?
The short answer is, yes! Yes, you can.
Let’s look at the major culprit here, the potatoes. If you want to make this a low carb zuppa toscana recipe, those are going to have to go. Maybe not completely, but you’re going to be super limited. Like, maybe 1 potato, chopped up smaller, in the entire crock pot. Personally, I’d sub in some big chunks of cauliflower, to still offer some texture, while also getting a healthy veggie in there! But that’s your preference. You can also make this a low carb zuppa toscana recipe by just leaving the potatoes out completely and adding in extra kale and sausage.
Which still sounds like an awesome low carb zuppa toscana recipe!
Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, gluten free, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh kale or spinach, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 strips bacon (optional topping), cooked and chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large sauté pan, brown sausage until almost cooked through. Place in slow cooker.
- Add all other ingredients to slow cooker, except heavy cream and bacon. Cook for 4 hours on LOW, or 8 hours on HIGH.
- When soup is done, add cream and stir. Top with bacon and serve.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.