Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup is a super easy slow cooker recipe for your weekday. It’s full of veggies like kale, carrots, and onions, plus a savory bite of sausage, butter beans, and parmesan cheese. It’ll be your new favorite weeknight dinner!
I have a deep appreciation for my slow cooker. Not only does it free up time in my day, but it’s also made out of pure, unadulterated magic. I can put something into the slow cooker, and without fail, it comes out tasting like I spent hours making it. Well, it did takes hours to make, but with very little effort on my part! Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup is just such a recipe. All you have to do is brown the sausage, then dump everything together in the slow cooker and forget about it. That’s it! I’m confident that if you give it a try, it’ll become your new favorite, too.
Let’s talk about veggies in a sausage kale soup!
Do you know what I love most about this sausage kale soup? That’s right, the kale. It’s savory and healthy, and adds a pop of color to the dish. Let’s face it, we eat with our eyes first. Which is why I keep calling this sausage kale soup instead of Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup. I mean, the other ingredients are important, too. I guess. But for now, I’m going to enjoy my sausage kale soup!
But just in case you don’t have any at the moment, you can also make this a sausage spinach soup. In fact, any of the leafy greens will work in this. I usually have a bag of fresh spinach, kale, or collard greens in my refrigerator. You can throw a handful into almost anything you’re cooking all week to add a boost of nutrients!
Which basically means that any soup can be kale soup!
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes To Get You Ready For Fall
- Hearty Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup – Take one of your favorite foods, and turn it into a slow cooker soup. Bam! That’s what you have here. A hearty soup that’s full of meat and veggies, and you can eat it with a spoon.
- Paleo Butternut Squash Slow Cooker Soup – Here’s a vegetarian option for you. Creamy, savory butternut squash pureed with spices and broth.
- Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup – An indulgent soup that reminds you of your favorite chicken soup, but creamier.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – This one is super full of spices and flavor, and has bites of chicken and veggies!
Let’s not forget, this is also a butter bean soup!
I’ll have to admit, I don’t make butter bean soups very often. And to be honest, I’m not sure why. They’re packed full of nutrients and fiber, plus they taste great. They have a creamy texture that adds a really nice element to the soup. You might find yourself making butter bean soup more often!
This is kind of like the vegetables, you can add whatever canned bean you have in your pantry. I like white beans the best for swapping, but black beans or kidney beans would be good, too!
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your sausage soup!
Add extra veggies, or different types of sausage. I like a sweet Italian sausage, but you might prefer a spicy sausage to give the soup more of a kick. This dish is really forgiving when it comes to adding more ingredients.
And your slow cooker is going to make sure everything is cooked to perfection!
Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup
- 1 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth, gluten free
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 16oz can butter beans, drained
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Slow Cooker
- In a medium pan brown sausage until just cooked through. Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours, or LOW for 7-8 hours. Stir, then serve.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.