Salted Caramel Frappuccino Milkshake is the perfect sweet treat to cool off your day. Best of all, this creamy indulgence is so easy to make and only takes four ingredients!
Why wait in line in a crowded coffee shop, when you can make the real deal right in your own kitchen? Salted Caramel Frappuccino Milkshake brings two incredibly amazing things (ahem – dessert, and coffee) and puts them together to create the most delicious thing you will even consume in your entire life.
Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating just a little bit. But I’m really, really excited about this recipe.
And caffeine. I’ve had a lot of caffeine.
Coffee recipes are fun.
I started off today’s recipe with the intention of making a copycat Starbucks caramel frappuccino. That didn’t quite work out. But, like all good things, I stumbled upon something even better. I know what you’re thinking. Better than Starbucks?! Well, it’s true! Or, at least my household thinks so.
Because I turned it into a milkshake. Bam!
The salted caramel also adds a little something extra, and I already had a salted caramel recipe that I love. I thought I could share both recipes with you in one post! Two for one!
If you’re really feeling this salted caramel frappuccino, you might also want to check out my Chocolate Chip Mocha Breakfast Smoothie.
My original intention was to use 2% milk, which I usually have in my refrigerator. Unfortunately, mine was a few days past expiration when I went to use it. Ack! So, instead of milk, I turned to the next best substitute I had (the vanilla ice cream). And you know what? I’m happy it happened that way, because this is so much better than your average salted caramel frappuccino.
If you’d rather cut some calories out of this, you can still use 1 cup of milk instead of the ice cream. You can also use regular caramel.
Even though making salted caramel is so much more fun!
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce plus more for topping
- optional whipped cream for topping
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature, cut into pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients (coffee, ice cubes, ice cream, caramel sauce) in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- (optional) top with whipped cream and extra caramel sauce.
- In a large sauce pan, cook sugar over medium-low heat.
- Stir sugar constantly as it melts, until completely liquid and starts turning caramel-brown.
- Slowly add butter while stirring. Rapid bubbling and slight rising is normal.
- After butter is completely melted, add cream slowly, then vanilla extract.
- Sprinkle in kosher salt.
- Remove caramel from heat. Cool to room temperature before consuming.