Strawberry Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping are a really great way to use strawberries this season. This is like banana bread meets coffee cake, filled with juicy pieces of strawberries and topped with a sweet crumb topping. It’ll be your new go-to muffin!
If you’re looking for a new breakfast grab-and-go, look no further than these strawberry banana muffins! They’re super fluffy and moist from the fruit baked right into them, and have a sweet crumb topping that will just melt in your mouth. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover fruit in your kitchen!
As it turns out, I live really close to a strawberry farm. Close enough that I could probably ride my bike there if I was really motivated. What this really means is that I have discovered a whole new source of the freshest berries you can get. And I’m really excited to release the next few recipes here, all featuring these juicy strawberries. Because I have 12 quarts to go through!
And the first recipe on the list is strawberry banana muffins!
I’m writing this post from a hotel room in Canada today. I know, it’s pretty far from Florida, and about 50 degrees colder. That’s Fahrenheit, not celsius, for all of you Americans out there. To make up for the cold weather this week, I will be spending 100% of my time at the beach this weekend.
But before I left for this trip, I ran through my usual list of tasks. And I’m sure any fellow celiac can relate to this one: What will I be able to eat when I get there? Especially visiting another country, I really wasn’t sure what I’d have available until I got to the hotel. So, I whipped up this quick batch of strawberry banana muffins to take with my on my trip!
And as it turns out, it took quite a bit of time to get through customs today, so it was a good thing I had them.
Love Strawberry Banana Muffins? Check These Out Next!
- Gluten Free Cherry Muffins – These muffins use frozen cherries, so you get big delicious bursts of sweetness!
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Muffins – Another way to sneak vegetables into your every day breakfast menu.
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins – One of my most visited recipes on this blog, these really are amazing!
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins – A classic, light and fluffy muffin to start your morning!
- Gluten Free Corn Muffins – One of the first recipes on this blog! Go ahead and ignore the photos. The recipe itself is still really good!
Strawberry Banana Muffins with Crumb Topping are a really great way to use strawberries this season. This is like banana bread meets coffee cake, filled with juicy pieces of strawberries and topped with a sweet crumb topping. It'll be your new go-to muffin!
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 medium egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp double-acting baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
In a medium bowl whisk together dry ingredients (flour, spices, baking powder and soda, sugars). In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients (banana, strawberries, oil, egg, vanilla).
Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
Use the now-empty dry ingredients bowl to combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter for the crumb topping. Stir together until flour is completely wet and crumbling. Sprinkle evenly over each muffin.
Spoon batter into 10 muffin cups evenly. Bake about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.