Gluten Free Corn Muffins Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Gluten free corn muffins are light and fluffy, made with cornmeal, brown sugar, and butter, and ready in only 20 minutes!
I have a small confession to make… I’m not really good at making muffins. Well, that’s not really true. What I’m not good at is making pretty muffins. I mean, there’s a lot that goes into that perfectly-poofed muffin top that all of us muffin enthusiasts truly desire.
Despite their visual appearance, however, the muffins I make always (usually) taste amazing.
So, I’ve decided to share with you today, dear readers, my go-to corn muffins recipe, along with some tips I learned along the way. These are also gluten free, but have been taste tested by my non-gluten free friends and have passed with flying colors!
- First, get all of your ingredients to room temperature before mixing everything together, which will help your muffins get big and beautiful.
- A lot of muffin recipes call for a lower cooking temperature, but cooking muffins at a hotter temperature will help them poof up more, achieving that glorious muffin top. That’s why I’m cooking these at 400°F.
- It’s a good idea to crack the eggs into their own bowl first, to make sure there’s no renegade egg shells or bad eggs mixing with other ingredients.
- Fill the muffin tins up as much as you can. I sometimes make extra to get it up to the very top of the muffin tin. This helps make the top even bigger, with results varying depending on the recipe.
Shop This Post
- [eafl id=”12839″ name=”Wilton Large Muffin Tin” text=”Large Muffin Tin”]
- [eafl id=”12838″ name=”Bob’s 1-to-1 AP Flour” text=”Gluten Free 1-to-1 All-Purpose Flour”]
Gluten Free Corn Muffins
- 1 1/3 cup gluten free 1-to-1 all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder, double acting
- muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a large muffin tin and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, corn meal, baking powder, brown sugar) until they're evenly dispersed. Add eggs, half and half, and butter. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour batter into muffin tin evenly and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.