Gruyere Turkey Burger Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
This Gruyere Turkey Burger is a great addition to your usual burger rotation. While some turkey burgers are known for drying out and being tasteless, that is something you won’t have to worry about with this recipe. Here are some helpful tips to get you started on your way to making the turkey burger a new household favorite:
- Start from scratch. Having total control over your ingredients and the quality of meat make a big difference when it comes to burgers.
- Adding a healthy fat to the ground meat, such as olive oil, helps keep turkey burgers moist during the cooking process.
- Try not to flip your turkey burgers more than once. Flipping too often slows down the cooking process and dries out your burger.
- Try adding vegetables to your ground meat. Here we used onions, but other options could be mushrooms, spinach or even roasted eggplant.
- Get creative with seasonings, the possibilities are endless!
Timeless Turkey Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 oz gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- In a medium pot, add chopped onion and cook over medium heat. Stir onions frequently until they are brown and soft (caramelized). Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, caramelized onion, seasoned breadcrumbs, gruyere, olive oil, soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix well until totally combined.
- Form turkey into about 10 patties, 1/2-inch thick each. Use waxed paper between patties for easy stacking. Place patties into refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- Place patties on grill. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip over and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, or until patties reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove patties from grill and let rest for several minutes before serving.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.