Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe (Pressure Cooker)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe (Pressure Cooker) is boneless pork chops pressure cooked with pineapple, brown sugar, and spices. The perfect easy dinner, and the meat is so tender you can cut it with a fork!
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe (Pressure Cooker)
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe (Pressure Cooker) is an absolutely perfect easy dinner recipe on a weeknight. You literally throw everything into the instant pot, then forget about it until it’s done! Once pressure cooker pork chops are done, you get sweet chunks of pineapple with a sweet and salty brown sugar glaze. Instant pot boneless pork chops are so tender they’ll practically fall off of your fork. If that’s not the perfect weeknight dinner, I don’t know what is!
How do I cook pork chops in the instant pot?
Pork chops are really simple to make in the instant pot. You can do them a few different ways.
- Brown the pork chops. Using the sauté function on your instant pot, add some butter or oil to the pot and brown 2-3 chops at a time (or whatever will fit). You can work in batches here. Make sure you brown the entire outside of the chop, as this will help lock in some of that moisture and give you a really juicy pork chop. This is the key to some of the best instant pot boneless pork chops recipes!
- Add the pork chops over veggies. I like to put a veggie in under the instant pot boneless pork chops. Here I used onions under the chops, with pineapple on top for flavor. You can also use potatoes if you want to have a complete meal in one dish. You might also like my Slow Cooker Pork Chops & Potatoes!
- Add some kind of liquid. I also like to add something like sugar, so it’ll turn into a really nice glaze. Or, you can turn it into a gravy if you keep with the savory flavors like onion, celery, and some spices and thickeners later. Instant pot boneless pork chops are really versatile!
What You’ll Need For This Pork Chops in Instant Pot Recipe:
To make this pork chops in instant pot recipe you will need the following items:
- 1 Instant Pot
- 1 Can Pineapple Chunks
- Pineapple Juice
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
I would also recommend a serving utensil like a slotted spoon or tongs to help you lift the chops out when they’re done. Things come out of the pot REALLY hot, so you don’t want to just stick a fork in there! Especially pork chops in instant pot, try to resist the urge to dig right in!
How long does it take to cook pressure cooker pork chops?
This can vary depending on the cut of your chop. Generally, instant pot pork chops take about 10 minutes on High, which also includes about 10 minutes to come to pressure, and 10 minutes of natural release.
For this pressure cooker pork chops recipe, I increased the cooking time to 20 minutes. This is because I am using a really thick cut pork chop, and I want to make sure the internal temperature of the chop reaches at least 145F – 160F. I always check with a meat thermometer in the middle of the chop, that’s how you know they’re done!
How much liquid do you need in instant pot boneless pork chops?
I like to add a little bit of liquid to my pressure cooker pork chops to prevent anything from sticking to the pot. But honestly you don’t need very much, as the meat and onions are both going to release liquid while they’re cooking.
Also, this instant pot pork chops recipe has a really tasty brown sugar and pineapple glaze added to the pot, which means you don’t have to worry about adding any additional liquid here at all!
I have a feeling that pressure cooker pork chops will become a new household staple!
Instant Pot Pork Chops Recipe
- 5 thick cut boneless pork chops
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce, (or tamari)
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add onions and pork chops to instant pot. Add pineapple chunks on top of pork chops.
- In a bowl whisk together oil, pineapple juice, sugar, soy sauce, spices, and corn starch. Pour over pork chops.
- Place lid on instant pot in the locked position with the steam valve closed. Set manually on HIGH for 20 minutes, then allow natural release for another 10 minutes. Open steam valve (use a pot holder to protect your hand) and release the rest of the way.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.