Marinated and Sliced Grilled Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Today’s recipe comes to you from a little segment I like to call My Dad’s Cooking. He came up with these grilled potatoes on Memorial Day, the perfect time to test if this recipe would be a crowd pleaser – and it was!
Not only did we run out of these grilled potatoes last weekend when we made up a batch for a backyard BBQ, we actually had people bargaining for them at the dinner table. Like currency.
These grilled potatoes are so good, they can actually be used for currency!
…Ok, maybe not in real life.
But definitely try trading up a few of these bad boys at your next BBQ. I might even try it at poker night on Friday.
I’ll see your poker chip, and raise you a grilled potato…
I’m pretty sure this will go well.
So, without further adieu, my dad’s grilled potatoes recipe!
Grilled Marinated Sliced Potatoes
- 6 medium russet or yukon gold potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Cut potatoes into thick slices, about 1/2-inch each. Add potato slices to a large bowl (or Ziploc bag).
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, water, onion powder, paprika, kosher salt and black pepper. Stir all ingredients together until combined.
- Pour oil and spice mixture over potatoes. Stir potatoes until well coated with oil and spice mixture. Cover bowl (with plastic wrap) and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After one hour, remove potatoes from refrigerator and place each slice on a medium-high heated grill.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, then turn slices over and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until a fork goes through easily. Remove from grill and serve.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.