Oven Baked Coconut Shrimp is a healthier way to make one of the most delicious foods on the planet. Shrimp rolled in seasoning and coconut, coated lightly in oil and baked until perfectly crispy. It’ll be your new favorite weeknight dinner!
Oven Baked Coconut Shrimp – Gluten Free!
Oven Baked Coconut Shrimp is a healthier version of fried coconut shrimp, that it is also 100% gluten free! Technically, you could use this recipe and just fry the shrimp. But to be honest, I just hate the cleanup part of frying food. Which is why I love oven-baked recipes, they’re just plain easier! And just as tasty, in my opinion.
It only takes about 15 minutes to set up these oven baked shrimp. The trick is to work in batches of 3 or 4 at a time. I set up my bowls in order – flour, egg, coconut – then baking sheet. I’ll throw a few in the flour, then into the egg wash, and into the coconut. It really goes much faster this way!
I’d like to encourage you to switch up the spices here. You can add whatever you think you’d like, don’t be afraid to experiment! You could even split up the flour and make a few different versions. You could add more cayenne to make these spicy, or some garlic and herbs, or a touch of curry powder. The sky is the limit!
And while we’re on the subject of seafood…
Here’s 4 More Seafood Dishes to Go With Baked Coconut Shrimp
- Shrimp and Scallops in Creamy Marinara – This is a fancy dish that would work perfectly for a date night, or a special occasion. Like Tuesday. Tuesday is pretty special.
- Oven Fried Fish Tacos with Avocado Dressing – Fish tacos may or may not be the best food on the planet, next to coconut shrimp.
- Blackened Mahi Mahi – Blackened Mahi Mahi is a really quick and easy recipe, that tastes like it came straight from a restaurant!
- Almond Parmesan Crusted Tilapia – This one is super simple yet super flavorful. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner!
Easy Oven Baked Coconut Shrimp is a healthier way to make one of the most delicious foods on the planet. Shrimp rolled in seasoning and coconut, coated lightly in oil and baked until perfectly crispy. It'll be your new favorite weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 425F. Line a a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Set out three bowls. In the first one, whisk together flour and spices. In the second, beat eggs. Pulse coconut in a food processor until pieces are smaller and add to third bowl.
Dredge shrimp in flour, shake lightly to remove excess. Dip into egg, then into coconut flakes. Roll until completely coated, shake to remove excess, and place on baking sheet. Repeat for all shrimp. Spray lightly with cooking oil.
Bake shrimp for 7-8 minutes, then remove from oven and flip over. Return to oven and bake an additional 7-8 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and golden brown.