Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake – Gluten Free!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is a really quick and easy way to use up leftover chicken or Alfredo sauce! You can throw in whatever vegetables you have on hand, from broccoli to spinach, and it works great with gluten free penne pasta. Plus it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
I’m always looking for quick dinners for the weeknights. And this is one of my favorites! Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake is a great way to use up leftover veggies or chicken (even rotisserie chicken!). You just cook some pasta, throw all of the ingredients together, and bake it. So easy! And what you get is a cheesy little piece of Alfredo heaven, done in 30 minutes!
I love chicken pasta bake recipes. Here’s a few of my favorites!
- Easy One Pot Chicken Parm & Pasta – It’s kind of like a quick and dirty version of chicken parmesan with pasta. Nice and easy chicken pasta bake recipe!
- One Pot Chicken Penne w/Tomato & Basil – Another classic easy pasta bake, you’ll probably have these ingredients in your pantry already.
- Baked Buffalo Mac and Cheese – Here’s a spicy mac and cheese version of a chicken pasta bake recipe that is one of my absolute favorites to make! It’s cheesy, spicy, and really easy to serve on a game night or to watch a game.
What’s your favorite chicken pasta bake? I want to know!
Let’s Talk Chicken Broccoli Alfredo!
One of the things I love about chicken broccoli Alfredo is that you can use up whatever veggies you have leftover from the week. Broccoli (of course), spinach, zucchini, asparagus, you name it. Chicken Broccoli Alfredo can just as easily be Chicken Spinach Alfredo, or Chicken Zucchini Alfredo! For this recipe, I used a combination of broccoli and spinach, because that’s what I had leftover in my refrigerator.
I also love making my own gluten free Olive Garden Alfredo sauce, it’s super quick and easy. Once you make this version, you’ll never want to look at jarred Alfredo again!
How to use gluten free pasta in chicken Alfredo pasta bake…
Gluten free pasta requires a little bit more care than your regular penne. But when you do it right, you won’t even be able to tell the difference. A lot of this will depend on the brand of gluten free pasta you use, too. They all use different flour blends, which means they can impart different flavors. You might have to go through a few different gluten free pasta brands before you find your favorite. But chicken Alfredo pasta bake is pretty forgiving and has a lot of flavors going on, so you could probably use a few different kinds in here.
Especially since you’ll be putting this chicken Alfredo pasta bake in the oven, you need to make sure that the pasta is only cooked to al dente. The best way to test this is to cook the pasta according to the package directions, but check it a few minutes earlier than the package says to. It should be chewy, but not too hard. Let it cool before tasting it!
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (or chicken spinach Alfredo) is one of my go-to dishes on the weeknight.
I go straight from my day job to the gym, and by the time I get home it’s usually close to 8 pm. I barely have time to think, let alone cook an entire complicated meal! Which is what makes something like chicken and broccoli Alfredo (or chicken spinach Alfredo) so perfect!
For this one, you can use leftovers from the previous night. I’ve even been known to use a rotisserie chicken, which ads its own amazing flavor. Chicken and broccoli Alfredo (chicken spinach Alfredo) really takes leftovers and turns them into a full meal that’s quick and easy to make, and your family will love!
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake - Gluten Free!
- 1 12oz box gluten free penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 lb chicken meat, cooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce, gluten free
- 2 cups mozzarella , shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked chicken, penne, broccoli, spinach, Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, and black pepper. Pour into baking dish, using a spoon to spread evenly.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.