Crockpot Corn Chowder With Ham & Potatoes is savory ham in a creamy broth with corn, potatoes, veggies, and cheese. It’s great for when the weather starts cooling down. It’s also the perfect way to use up leftover ham after a holiday dinner!
It’s time for another one of my favorite things in the world, slow cooker soups! And today’s edition is one I think you’re really going to love, Crockpot Corn Chowder With Ham & Potatoes. It’s the perfect way to use up leftover ham from your holiday, and it’s super simple to throw together. Because let’s face it, when you’ve spent all day making a ham, the last thing you want to do the day after is spend more time cooking. For this corn chowder recipe, you just dump everything in the crockpot and forget about it until it’s done!
Ham potato corn chowder is perfect for the fall or winter.
As the weather is cools down, I love coming home to a hot meal. And it’s an especially easy recipe, too! It only requires some leftover ham, a few veggies, a can of corn, and some cheese. Throw it all together, and voila! Ham potato corn chowder will be the easiest thing you make all week.
And while we’re at it, let’s not forget that this is a really cheesy, feel-good comfort food kind of meal. Cheddar cheese is one of the main ingredients for ham potato corn chowder. Personally, I think the cheddar goes really well with the potatoes and corn. But you could sub in something like provolone or muenster, if that’s what you have on hand. I haven’t tried this with the sharper cheeses like parmesan, though. Ham potato corn chowder is forgiving, but I’m not sure how forgiving. So, if you try it with another cheese, let me know how it goes.
Slow Cooker Corn Chowder is super easy to make!
That’s right, let’s get right to the good stuff, slow cooker corn chowder. Because every corn chowder recipe tastes better when it’s done low and slow. I’ve said it in the past, and I’ll say it again: Everything that comes out of the slow cooker is practically magic. That’s right. I’m not sure how it does it, but the slow cooker has a way of taking an ordinary meal, like slow cooker corn chowder, and making it 10x’s better.
Not to mention, it’s 100% less stressful to make, too. When a soup is on the stove, you have to sit there and watch it. Making sure nothing burns or boils over. With slow cooker corn chowder, you can just forget about it for hours, while you get on with your day. Then, voila! Dinner is done, just like that.
Do you prefer corn chowder with ham, or corn chowder with bacon?
This can really go one of two ways. You can have corn chowder with ham, or corn chowder with bacon. And honestly, both of them will turn out great. The flavors of this corn chowder recipe really work with any salty meat you have.
One of the things I love most about corn chowder with ham is that you can make this with leftover ham from Easter or Christmas. Because we all know that there’s only so many ham sandwiches we can eat the following week. I hate wasting food, and this is a really great way to repurpose some of it. In fact, I’ll make a big full crockpot corn chowder with ham, serve it for dinner, then freeze whatever’s leftover for another day.
But, the same strategy really applies to breakfast. We almost always make too much food for a big breakfast on Christmas morning. And this is a great way to use up leftover bacon! Corn chowder with bacon would definitely go over just as well in my house.
Love this crockpot corn chowder recipe? Here’s 5 more crockpot recipes for you!
- Slow Cooker Kale Bean & Sausage Soup – This recipe is perfect for when you’re in the mood for Italian sausage, but also don’t want something as heavy as most Italian sausage recipes are. It’s full of healthy veggies!
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe – I love this recipe because it has a ton of flavor going on. Chicken thighs simmered all day in a honey garlic ginger broth, served over rice. Delish!
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops & Potatoes – An all-in-one dinner! This is a traditional recipe in the slow cooker, so it’s really easy to prepare with minimal prep!
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup – Here’s a creamy, traditional soup done right in the slow cooker. It’s savory and healthy, and perfect for fall.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup – Another slow cooker recipe that’s full of flavor and hearty chicken and veggies. I love making this one on weeknights, because I know my family can’t get enough of it.
Crockpot Corn Chowder With Ham & Potatoes is savory ham in a creamy broth with corn, potatoes, veggies, and cheese. It's perfect for when the weather starts cooling down. It's also the perfect way to use up leftover ham after a holiday dinner!
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 15oz cans corn kernels drained
- 2 cups cooked ham cut into pieces
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 large onion chopped
Add all vegetables and ham to slow cooker. Sprinkle with gluten free flour, then add broth. Cook on LOW 8 hour, or on HIGH 4 hours.
With 20 minutes left in the cook time, add half & half and cheddar. Stir to mix well, and place lid back on slow cooker. Finish cooking, and stir again before serving.
Click on the time in the instructions to start a timer!