Dutch Oven Chili Recipe – Gluten Free!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Dutch Oven Chili Recipe is a really simple dutch oven chili made with ground beef, red beans, and spices. It has a kick of spice that’s perfect on cold days!
Dutch Oven Chili Recipe
Dutch Oven Chili is one of my all-time favorite chili recipes. It’s super easy to throw together, and goes really well with cold nights and long work days. It has a kick of spice, but you can control that because we add the spices ourselves here. Just leave out the cayenne and some of the chili powder for a more mild flavor. I like to top this with some shredded cheddar cheese and a spoonful of sour cream. You can also have this with tortilla chips on the side, and there’s almost always leftovers to take to work the next day!
Can I make chili in a dutch oven?
Not only can you make chili in a dutch oven, but you can make the BEST chili in a dutch oven! Like I always say, anything that comes out of a dutch oven is pure, unadulterated magic. And I still stand by that. It all has to do with how the dutch oven conducts heat.
What is the best chili recipe in the world?
Dutch Oven Chili, of course! And this is a ground beef chili recipe, which is how a lot of people prefer it. Here’s how you make it:
- Brown your ground beef with the onions, peppers, oil, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add your spices, tomato puree, diced tomatoes, and all other ingredients.
- Stir until everything is well combined.
- Simmer low and slow to allow all of those great flavors to really blend together.
- Top with some cheese and serve!
That’s it! It’s really a simple ground beef chili recipe that doesn’t require a lot of fuss.
What goes with this ground beef chili recipe?
I like to serve my dutch oven chili recipe with things like tortilla chips or corn bread. I also leave a bowl of shredded cheese and sour cream on the table. We’re all about toppings in this house, obviously.
How do you make meatless chili?
If a ground beef chili recipe isn’t your thing today, it’s really easy to make a meatless chili. All you have to do is double the beans and leave the ground beef out. It’s that easy! You can also replace it with some extra firm tofu, crumbled up. Or check out my black bean chili at the top of this page for a great meatless chili recipe!
Dutch Oven Chili Recipe
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 46 oz tomato puree, can
- 29 oz diced tomatoes, can
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 30 oz red beans, (2 cans)
- Add olive oil, beef, onions, bell pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until meat browns, stirring occasionally.
- Add all other ingredients to dutch oven, stirring until well combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to low and allow to simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent any burning on the bottom of the pan.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.