Egg Roll in a Bowl (Low Carb!)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Egg Roll in a Bowl is an EASY one pot low carb dinner, made with ground beef and shredded cabbage in a seasoned sauce that’s topped with spicy sriracha and ready in under 20 minutes!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is one of my go-to easy one pot dinner recipes for when I don’t really feel like cooking, but still need something for dinner. It’s basically egg roll filling, without all the deep frying. Made with ground beef, a bag of shredded cabbage (you can also use broccoli slaw), and seasoning. You can eat this on its own for a low carb dinner, or serve over rice or rice noodles. I like to drizzle with sriracha at the end, to add some spice to it.
Can you make egg roll in a bowl ahead of time?
You can make this ahead of time and reheat when you’re ready to serve. Just make it according to directions, let it cool, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. When you’re ready, heat it back up in a skillet for 3-4 minutes.
This will last in the refrigerator for about 3 days. If it dries out at all, add a few tablespoons of water when you reheat it.
What can you add to egg roll in a bowl?
I like to use a bag of shredded cabbage, because it’s a minimal amount of work. But if you want to mix it up, give some of these a try:
- Broccoli slaw
- Bean sprouts
- Water chestnuts
- Rice Noodles
- Spinach or kale
- Shredded carrot
Tips for Making Egg Roll in a Bowl
- You can substitute the beef for ground turkey or pork. I prefer to choose the leanest one available to keep it healthy. You can also throw in some shrimp or shredded pork, for a house-special version.
- Make sure your soy sauce is gluten free if you need it. You can also substitute tamari or coconut aminos for the same flavor.
- If you’re allergic to eggs, you can just leave them out completely.
- Make this extra spicy with 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper and extra sriracha.
- Vegetarian egg roll in a bowl by subbing out the meat altogether and using crumbled tofu. Choose an extra firm tofu, and press as much water as you can out of it with a paper towel (or two) first. Saute the veggies, then crumble and add the tofu for the last few minutes just to heat it through.
More Gluten Free Recipes
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium, gluten free
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 20 oz shredded cabbage
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- sriracha sauce, for topping
- In a skillet over medium heat add ground beef, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder. Cook until ground beef is almost done, about 5 minutes. Add cabbage and green onions, and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the cabbage has softened.
- Push everything to one side of the skillet and crack both eggs into the pan. Scramble with your spatula until eggs are cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Combine eggs with the beef mixture, then drizzle with sesame oil and stir together. Top with sesame seeds and sriracha before serving.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.