Baked Herb & Garlic Chicken Drumstick Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
This Baked Herb & Garlic Chicken Drumstick Recipe is a healthy addition to your weekly dinner rotation. This is a really easy recipe that you can get into the oven quickly on a weeknight, and has a ton of juicy flavor!
Baked Herb & Garlic Chicken Drumstick Recipe
There’s something special about chicken drumsticks that has me wanting to make them every week. Not only are chicken drumstick recipes insanely easy to make (for the most part), but they’re also usually one of the cheaper cuts at the grocery store. Saving you time and money, you can make this baked herb & garlic chicken drumstick recipe with or without skin, but they will come out crisper if you leave the skin on. Feel free to experiment with the herbs. In my opinion, the more the better!
Easy Chicken Drumstick Recipes
If you’re on the lookout for easy chicken drumstick recipes, this herb & garlic chicken drumstick recipe is definitely one of the easier weeknight dinners you can make. You are literally just rubbing the chicken with some oil and herbs, bake, and you have quick and easy meal that everyone can enjoy! It really doesn’t get better than easy chicken drumstick recipes, does it?
Pro Tip! You can lightly spray these with a bit more olive oil to add some crispy texture. I save the crispy for other recipes, like my Crispy Oven Baked Garlic-Parmesan Chicken Wings. They’re perfect for game day, or even if you just love wings!
As a food blogger, I love nothing more than sharing easy chicken drumstick recipes with my readers. But what I love most of all about blogging is the response from all of you about these easy chicken drumstick recipes.
Today, in one super-AWESOME response for this, a photographer named Jeff from TCT Photography not only make this herb & garlic chicken drumsticks recipe and gave some great feedback, but he also took these fantastic pictures below.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! If you like these photos, take a moment to visit Jeff over at TCT Photography.
Healthy Chicken Drumstick Recipes
Just in case you haven’t noticed by now, healthy chicken drumstick recipes don’t require a lot of the harder cooking methods that can add a ton of fat and sodium to the dish. Like frying, or breading. In fact, you can feel good about making healthy chicken drumstick recipes every week! They’re packed with flavor from the herbs and spices, and healthy olive oil.
You can come up with your own healthy chicken drumstick recipes really easily! Just combine any of your favorite herbs or spices, like rosemary and thyme, or turmeric and cayenne. The sky is the limit!
How to Cook Chicken Drumsticks
If you’re wondering how to cook chicken drumsticks, don’t worry too much. It’s really easy! After you add the spices and the oil, all you have to do is lay them down on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Flip them half way through, and that’s it! Now you know how to cook chicken drumsticks, and you can whip out this recipe the next time you need something quick and easy on a weeknight.
Here’s a Few More Easy Chicken Drumstick Recipes!
- Sweet & Sticky Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks – This one is exactly what it sounds like. A blend of asian flavors in a sweet brown sugar glaze. One of the better easy chicken drumstick recipes, if you ask me!
- Grilled Turkey Legs With Spiced Marinade – Ok, you caught me. This is not one of the easy chicken drumstick recipes. It’s turkey! But it’s practically the same thing, so try it out if you can.
Baked Herb & Garlic Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground basil
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Place drumsticks on greased baking sheet, leaving room between each drumstick.
- Coat remaining drumsticks with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix all spices and herbs together until combined (garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, basil, sage, kosher salt and black pepper).
- Rub spice mixture into drumsticks evenly.
- Bake drumsticks for 25 minutes. Turn drumsticks over and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until drumsticks reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.