Ground Beef Nachos – Cheesy, Meaty, Spicy!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Ground Beef Nachos are a cheesy and meaty appetizer full of black beans and spicy jalapeno slices. They’re really quick and easy to make, you can throw them together in under 25 minutes, and they’re perfect for game night!
Ground Beef Nachos are just one of the many appetizers that grace my kitchen every football season. While I’m not a huge fan of football, the rest of my family is, and I love throwing together some quick and easy appetizers for everyone to enjoy. And these are definitely a family favorite! They’re meaty, cheesy, spicy, and filling. Basically everything you could ever want from a tray of nachos, and then some!
How to Make Beef Nachos
Beef nachos are insanely easy to make. So much so that you’ll want to throw these together every weekend, and especially if you have company coming over! The trick is in the layering, Keep everything even, and you make sure every bite is as delicious as the last.
- Layer your chips on a baking sheet. Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cook your beef with the taco seasoning, then add beef to your chips.
- Start layering your chips up with ricotta, shredded cheese, black beans, and bell peppers.
- Bake until it’s all melty and delicious.
- Top with sour cream, jalapeños, and salsa.
That’s it! This is a really easy beef nachos recipe. There’s not much to it. You can swap this out for other meats, so instead of an easy beef nachos recipe, this might be a chicken nachos recipe, or pulled pork nachos recipe. The sky is the limit!
What are good things to put on ground beef nachos?
There are a lot of things you can add to ground beef nachos to make them fit your own taste! Here’s a few of my favorite suggestions:
- Shredded lettuce, avocados, and diced tomatoes (after they come out of the oven!)
- Black Beans
- Refried Beans
- Protein – shredded beef, chicken, or pork.
- Peppers – diced jalapenos, bell peppers, or poblano peppers
- Black olives
- Tabasco sauce
Homemade nachos with ground beef are really open to interpretation. Start with a blank pallet of tortilla chips, then add your protein of choice, some cheese, and veggies. Then either make it as spicy or mild as you like it. This is a great way to clean out your pantry, too! Use up the last bit of olives or jalapeños from a jar, or that half of a bell pepper you saved from another recipe. I like extra hot sauce on mine, but I add that to my own plate because it’s pretty spicy.
What spices to put on nachos?
A lot of the spices in homemade nachos with ground beef come from your taco seasoning. If you don’t have a taco seasoning, Here’s a recipe for a homemade taco seasoning. Just add about 2-3 tbsp of this mixture to your meat while its browning.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp corn starch
Do you put salsa on nachos before cooking?
Personally I don’t like to put salsa on nachos before cooking. I like the contrast of cold salsa on hot cheesy nachos. But I have seen people salsa on this easy beef nachos recipe before cooking before, especially if it’s spicy, so I’m going to leave this one up to personal preference, you know how to make beef nachos to your own taste!
Ground Beef Nachos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 13 oz corn tortilla chips, (1 bag)
- 14 oz black beans, (1 can)
- 14 oz sliced black olives
- 12 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning, gluten free
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp sliced pickled jalapenos
- sour cream, (optional topping)
- salsa, (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread tortilla chips out on baking pan and set aside.
- Brown ground beef over medium heat. Add taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water and cook until saucy and beef is done.
- Add beef to chips. Add dollops of ricotta cheese evenly around pan. Top everything with shredded cheese, then bell pepper and black beans. Finish with black olives and jalapenos.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove and serve with sour cream and salsa.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.