Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts are the perfect holiday side dish made with balsamic vinegar, honey, chopped pecans, and dried cranberries. They’re sweet, savory, and ready in under 45 minutes!
Our holiday table always has a combination of healthy and indulgent gluten free side dish recipes, and on the veggies side I love preparing Parmesan Brussel Sprouts, Honey Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce!
Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts are one of my favorite dishes to make on the holidays, made with a sweet balsamic glaze, dried cranberries, and topped with crunchy pecans. It’s gluten free and vegan naturally, so it’s perfect for any of your guests. And you don’t have to wait for a holiday to make this, because it will be your family’s new favorite weeknight dish!
How do you make balsamic roasted brussels sprouts on the stovetop?
- Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drizzle a large pan with extra-virgin olive oil, then saute the balsamic brussels sprouts over high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir often, until the sprouts soften, and serve.
How do you cut brussel sprouts?
Using a knife, trim the bottoms off of fresh brussels sprouts, and remove any loose outer leaves. Then slice them in half, and rinse before cooking with them.
How do you know if brussel sprouts are bad?
Brussel sprouts are bad when the outer leaves start turning brown, and start to smell off.
What goes well with balsamic roasted brussels sprouts?
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Oven Fried Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
- Baked Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Mix together prepared brussel sprouts and balsamic glaze. Pour out onto the baking sheet, spreading out as much as possible.
- Sprinkle with nuts, dried cranberries, and whatever other toppings you’d like.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If you want really caramelized balsamic brussels sprouts, turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes at the end until the sprouts start to turn golden brown.
Can you reheat roasted brussels sprouts?
You can reheat roasted brussels sprouts either in the microwave, or on a sheet pan at 350F. Cooking time should be 10-15 minutes. If you don’t want to use a sheet pan, you can also use a regular casserole dish.
What else can you add to balsamic brussel sprouts?
- You can make these brussel sprouts with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar by sprinkling on 3-4 tablespoons of brown sugar in place of the honey, then drizzle with the vinegar.
- Add some chopped bacon to this brussels sprouts recipe for some sweet and salty flavors.
- Add a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese for a savory umami flavor!
Tips for How to Make Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- Make these roasted brussel sprouts crispy by making them in the air fryer instead! Add them in batches, making the basket about 1/2 way full. Set at 390F, taking the basket out and shaking it every 5 minutes, for a total time of 20-30 minutes.
- Add a dash of black pepper and red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
- The balsamic glaze will work with honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, or regular sugar. If it turns out too sweet, add a dash of kosher salt to balance the flavor.
- You can cut down on prep time by mixing the glaze together and refrigerating until you’re ready to cook.
- Make this same recipe substituting the brussel sprouts with green beans instead.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, I recommend lining your pan with aluminum foil to make cleanup easier. Spray it generously with extra-virgin olive oil to keep the sprouts from sticking.
Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts are the perfect holiday side dish made with balsamic vinegar, honey, chopped pecans, and dried cranberries. They're sweet, savory, and ready in under 45 minutes!
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts trimmed, cut in half
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar. Add brussel sprouts, cranberries, and pecans. Stir everything together.
Pour out onto the sheet pan and spread out as much as possible. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until sprouts soften. Turn on the broiler for 1-2 minutes to caramelize the glaze.
Click on the time in the instructions to start a timer!