Baked Chicken Taquitos With Cream Cheese & Jalapenos
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Jalapeños is a super simple recipe that your family will have fun making! Corn tortillas filled with a chicken and jalapeño cream cheese filling are oven-fried until they’re perfectly crispy! You can serve them with sour cream and salsa.
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Jalapeños
I have another really easy recipe for you, and I think you’re going to love this one. Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Jalapeños give you the crispy, crunchy texture you’d expect from a taquito. But they’re way easier to make since they’re baked in the oven! Stuffed with cream cheese, chicken, herbs, and a kick of spice from real jalapeño, this might be your new favorite quick recipe!
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Jalapeños are the easiest thing you’ll make all week. You start by sautéing the chicken with some herbs and spices, then melting some cheese over everything. Sound good yet?
From there, you heat up some corn tortillas, roll some stuffing into them, hit them with a bit of cooking spray and bake. That’s it! Easy-peasy. Crispy, cheesy deliciousness straight from your oven in less than 30 minutes. I like to serve these just like I would tacos, with a bit of sour cream, salsa, and some shredded lettuce. I’ve also served these alongside a great big bowl of salad!
If you really like this filling, I did a similar recipe using pork with my Bacon Wrapped Sausage Stuffed Jalapeños. These are fantastic for a Big Game party, but we also eat them for dinner sometimes. Yum!
And here is our pride and joy, our puppy Gwen (short for Guinevere, because we’re nerds). She likes to help me clean up after a shoot. She was especially interested in these chicken taquitos, probably because they smelled so amazing. Unfortunately for Gwen, she ended up getting doggie treats, because her and jalapeños are not friends.
Still adorable, though.
Like Chicken Taquitos? You Also Might Love These Recipes!
- Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole – Here’s a recipe that tasted just like stuffed peppers, but all you have to do is throw it into a casserole dish, making it about half the work!
- Jalapeño Popper Hash Brown Bites – Here’s another one with a similar filling. You can really interchange any meat that you’d like, or even tofu!
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip – This one is great for when you have friends coming over, it’s always a big hit at parties!
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip – Another dip that is an absolute hit at parties! You can make this ahead of time and pop it in the oven right before your guests get there.
Baked Chicken Taquitos with Cream Cheese & Jalapenos
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning, (look for the gluten free labeled package!)
- 2 medium jalapenos, diced
- 20 small corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- Sour Cream and Salsa, (Optional Toppings)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sautee chicken and seasoning until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wring out a wet paper towel. Wrap tortillas in paper towel so they're completely covered. Microwave for 1 minute. (This makes them easier to work with!)
- Add 1-2 tbsp of filling to a tortilla. Roll the tortilla around the filling tightly. Place on baking sheet. Repeat for all taquitos.
- Spray taquitos with cooking spray liberally. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.