Peanut Butter S’Mores Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter S’mores Dip is a really fun and simple way to make s’mores for a crowd, with only 4 ingredients in 15 minutes! All you need is marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanut butter, plus some gluten free graham crackers to dip.
Peanut Butter S’Mores Dip Recipe
Peanut Butter S’Mores Dip is one of my favorite summer party recipes, because it takes almost no time to make or prepare, and you can’t go wrong with the combination of chocolate, peanut butter, and marshmallows! I like to use mini marshmallows because you can just pour them on top, but you can use the bigger marshmallows if you have them. You can also add other ingredients to make it different every time, like Nutella, or caramel.
How to Make S’Mores Dip
S’mores dip is one of the easiest things you can throw together.
- Simply pour a bag of chocolate chips into a cast iron skillet, and add your favorite add-ins (if any).
- Top with marshmallows
- Bake for a few minutes.
- Serve with gluten free graham crackers, and done!
What can you add to S’mores Dip?
- Butterscotch chips
- White chocolate
- Peanut butter cups
Tips For Making S’Mores Dip
- Turn on the broiler to get that lightly burnt look on the top of the marshmallows, but watch it really closely. The marshmallows will burn really fast, so you want to make sure to pull them out after about 1-2 minutes.
- Make mini s’mores dip in small ramekins for a single servings if you’re going to serve this as a dessert for a dinner party.
- Try making your s’mores dip with graham cracker crust!
- You can use dark chocolate chips if you want the flavor, but I recommend using a milk chocolate because it will melt the easiest.
- If you don’t have gluten free graham crackers handy, try dipping bananas, strawberries, or even gluten free pretzels.
How do you melt chocolate for s’mores?
The chocolate in this s’mores dip melts in the oven for this recipe. I like to use a cast iron skillet, because it has a better heat distribution. You could also use a dutch oven if you have one.
Technically, you could get away with another oven-safe skillet in a pinch, but the cheaper the metal, the more you may run the risk of burning the chocolate or melting unevenly. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet or dutch oven, your next best option would be to make s’mores dip in a glass pan.
Can you microwave marshmallows?
Yes, you can microwave marshmallows to melt them, but you want to do so slowly at 20-30 second increments, or the marshmallow may burst and make a mess. If you want to make s’mores dip in the microwave, I would use a glass bowl. Melt the chocolate first, stirring, and take your time so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Then add the marshmallows until just melted.
Also, keep in mind that the golden brown marshmallow tops we get from the oven won’t happen in the microwave. But it will be gooey, and that’s almost good enough!
Can you make S’Mores Dip ahead of time?
You can assemble s’mores dip ahead of time, cover it in plastic wrap, and set it aside for later. You do not need to refrigerate the uncooked dip. When you are ready, just pop it in the oven until it’s melted through and toasty, about 10 minutes.
Peanut Butter S'Mores Dip Recipe
- 2 bags milk chocolate chips
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 box gluten free graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a large cast iron skillet.
- Pour chocolate chips into the skillet and spread evenly. Add the peanut butter in spoonfuls on top of the chocolate chips. Finally, top with mini marshmallows and spread evenly.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until chocolate is fully melted. If the marshmallows need more toasting, turn the broiler on for 1-2 minutes, watching closely so they don't burn. Serve warm with gluten free graham crackers.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.