Oatmeal Cookie In A Mug
This post may contain affiliate links. Please check our privacy and disclosure policy.
Oatmeal Cookie In A Mug is an EASY gluten free dessert made in the microwave in 60 seconds with only 6 ingredients, like banana, oatmeal, and brown sugar!
Easy desserts are a lifesaver when you want something sweet, but don’t want to take on a whole baking project to get it. Check out my Banana Protein Mug Cake in 3 Minutes and Gluten Free Chocolate Mug Cake for more quick ideas!
Oatmeal Cookie In A Mug
Oatmeal Cookie in a Mug is a recipe I keep in my back pocket for days when I have a sweet tooth, but don’t want to have an entire batch of cookies sitting around my kitchen. It’s made with only 6 pantry ingredients and ready in only 60 seconds. I also make this for a breakfast when I want something quick and easy. It’s sweet like a dessert, but the main ingredients are banana and oatmeal, so it’s actually pretty healthy!
Can you make a mug cookie with no brown sugar?
Sugar plays an important role in baking, but you can replace it in this recipe with regular white sugar. You can also try to cut it down by half and replace it with the sweetener of your choice. Because this is a mug cookie and not a sheet pan of cookies, it is a little bit more forgiving on the sugar rule.
What types of oats do you need for mug cookies?
I use quick cooking oats for this recipe, but you can also use rolled oats if you want a more chewy cookie. The important thing to remember is to choose certified gluten free oats if you are following a gluten free diet.
Tips for Making Oatmeal Mug Cookie
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter for an oatmeal peanut butter mug cookie!
- Replace the raisins with some other sweet options, like dried cranberries, chopped dates, or chocolate chips. Or some savory options like walnuts, pumpkin pie spice, or flax seeds.
- You can make this oatmeal mug cookie with gluten free flour, or with regular flour if you don’t have to follow the gluten free diet.
- Grease the bottom of your mug lightly with some butter or cooking oil, to help prevent the cookie from sticking to the mug.
- Depending on how strong your microwave is, you may need more or less time to “bake” your cookie. If you’re not sure, check it at 60 seconds with a toothpick. If it comes out clean it is done, if it’s not then microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- You can also make this with a ramekin if you want it to look extra fancy.
More Gluten Free Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Simple Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chewy Gluten Free Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Oatmeal Cookie in a Mug
- 1/2 cup instant oats , certified gluten free
- 2 tbsp gluten free cup-for-cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 medium banana mashed
- coffee mug
- Lightly grease the bottom of the mug. In the mug, whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in the mashed banana until everything is wet. Press down with a spoon until even.
- Microwave for 1 minute. If still soft, microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
We are a participant in both the RewardStyle and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and through RewardStyle.